Why Grind Weed?
Rolling a jay or packaging a bowl of marijuana that burns evenly is a skill that is to be admired. There’s nothing worse than watching an unburned hit of prime bud disappear down the stem of the bong, or a joint which furiously burns down one side once it’s been lit (a.k.a. canoeing). Proper preparation of your smoking material could prevent such issues. Therefore, in case you’ve wondered “Why grind weed”, well this is the reason.
Why grind weed in the first place? Shredding and breaking down your flower in little pieces allows for all the cannabis particles to burn completely like they’re smoked. But there are obviously many various ways to accomplish the task of breaking down nugs, so why grind weed with a grinder? A grinder’s sharp tooth rapidly and completely shreds your flower. The grinder is a very simple way to complete the job. The grinder also contains the herb, keeping it in one place while you work.
Make your life easy
In the event that you’re a regular cannabis smoker, then you have probably broken your marijuana down by hand a time or 2. You probably also know that rolling rough, lumpy flower with this specific sticky-sweet coating on your fingers can be frustrating, to say the least. Why grind weed then? Luckily, a grinder could rapidly transform your smoking experience. In the end, the secret to a slow-burning joint with a smooth draw is really a nice, uniform grind. If you would like the low down on cannabis grinders, hang tight. We’re going to cover why you want one, the many different choices available, and also how to use the various types to get you well on your way to this smoking experience.
Why Grind Weed? What are the benefits of using Grinders?
Regardless of your rolling capabilities, crafting a perfect joint is almost impossible without a grinder. What’s a grinder? A grinder is a device designed to break cannabis bud into fine, evenly ground pieces. Since cannabis buds are usually big, compact, and sticky, they need to be properly prepared prior to being rolled. While it’s possible to break up marijuana with your hands. Most prefer the support of a grinder due to the many benefits they provide.
- Save Time, Smoke Sooner – The first and most obvious benefit is that grinding your marijuana with a grinder is a lot faster than grinding it by hand. Even super sticky marijuana (which requires extreme dedication to break down by hand) can be ground down within a couple of minutes to the ideal rolling consistency.
- Better Roll, Slower Burn – Unlike hand-ground bud, flower processed through a grinder with be nice and consistent. Usually allowing an easier and tighter roster. Having the ability to package the marijuana tighter. Whether in a joint or a bowl, usually results in a slower burn, too. This is why grind weed.
- Keep Your Bud’s Potency – Lots of cannabis’ potency stems from the trichomes, the small, hair-like structures that give fresh bud that instills aesthetic. Sadly, trichomes are delicate, plus they could stick to your fingers whenever you break marijuana down by hand. Utilizing a grinder might help keep your marijuana intact. And maintain the sticky on the flower instead of on your fingers.
- Waste Not, Catch Your Kief – Why grind weed? Even though the grinder might not degrade the level of your marijuana just as much as when broken down by hand. Some of the sticky goodness probably falls off in the grinder, right? Sure! These crystal formations on the end of these trichomes. Known as kief, can still fall off the marijuana. And then stick to your grinder whenever you grind down fresh flower. Luckily, some grinders have kief-catchers that lightly sift the ground bud, allowing the nice kief powder to pass into its own chamber. Once you amass enough, you may use that extremely potent kief to top a bowl or make your very own cannabis edibles, if you’d like.
Kinds of Grinders for Cannabis. Why grind weed using these?
As you can tell, grinders are vastly much more efficient at creating ready-to-roll buds. Now that you know why grind weed. Given that the advantages of grinding your bud are clear. There’s no reason to attempt to pick apart a large, sticky bud by hand. If you find yourself rolling regularly and you are sick of sloppy, hand-ground joints, a grinder is the answer. Which grinder should you choose? Luckily, you’ve options, which range from low profile, charge card-sized grinder cards to finish four chamber grinder systems and more.
- Two-Part Grinder – As the name would imply. These grinders are comprised of 2 pieces that unite to form one grinder unit. The interior of every piece is laden with sharp tooth designed to shred the dense buds. This fashion grinder is manufactured in plastic, wood, and metal types. We prefer metal grinders to their cheaper plastic and wood counterparts. In our experience, metal grinders are more lasting (less likelihood of tooth breaking off and into your bud!) And provide a smoother, more consistent grinding action. Two-part grinders come in a vast range of sizes and price points. That range from under $5 for plastic to $40+ for titanium. You get what you pay for with regards to grinder caliber. Best for: The entry-level smoker who is tired of using their hands.
- Four-Part Grinder – The four-piece grinder includes some additional characteristics that connoisseurs can have missed with a traditional two-part grinder. Most importantly, the four-part grinder includes additional chambers — one for ground bud and one for kief. A combination of gravitation and drilled holes (in the bottom of the grinding chamber). Let the pieces of bud to fall down into the collection chamber. The flooring of the chamber is typically made from a stiff, comparatively nice screen. Also referred to as a pollen screen. The exact bottom piece is known as a kief catcher, as the screen only permits the trichomes to pass through. Therefore, a four-piece grinder permits you to grind bud, store it. And gather the trichomes that fall off in the procedure. Four-part grinders are usually made from metal. And also come in a vast assortment of sizes and price points from $10 to over $100. Notice: Three-part grinders exist; nevertheless, they’re the least common variety because they lack a kief chamber. Best for: The regular smoker’s everyday driver.
- Electric Grinder – Electric grinders are by far the least popular kind of grinder among cannabis users. While they can grind bud easily, they have a tendency to replicate it into powder in the process. Perhaps not the ideal consistency for optimizing air flow. We don’t recommend using an electric grinder for cannabis consumption. Unless absolutely essential as they’re cheaply manufactured, grind unevenly and jam often despite using a kief catcher. Best for: The lazy or arthritic smoker.
- Grinder Card – The metallic grinder functions similarly to a cheese grater — just rub the bud within the shredding surface. We recommend arranging the alloy grinder over a Pebble. And rubbing the bud back and forth to get a perfect grind with no mess. These incredibly nonrefundable grinders save on weight and size. By choosing the form of a typical credit card and slipping right into The Safety Case. Best for: The cellular smoker who always wants to be ready.
- Grinders with Handles – A handle crank on top of a grinder allows for better traction when grinding your bud. Occasionally, the dank or sticky flower can refuse to budge because of overfill. Don’t worry, we’ve science! Grinders with handles enable you to fill them to the brim. Best for: The avid smoker that requires a grinder that may handle heavy loads.
- See through Grinders – Clear centers enable you to know just how much herb you’ve left each time. Grinders generally double as stash jars a lot of the time, why not combine the two? These grinders have their location for the right flower smoker. Best for: The minimalist smoker that wants a 2-in-1 grinder that doubles as a stash area.
Why Grind Weed a Grinder Card?
You’ll be glad you discovered the grinder which is an efficient smoking accessory. While you may be familiar with a regular two or four-part grinder. They aren’t exactly travel favorable — they’re bulky, awkward and heavy to carry around. The grinder and on the other hand, is slim. It looks exactly like a credit card, and slips right into a pocket handbag without notice. You can literally store it everywhere.
As you can have figured, the grinder works exactly like a cheese grater. Slowly rubbing your marijuana along the metallic area will gently break it apart. And prepare it for packing a bowl or rolling a joint. The dimensions of the holes in the card will probably dictate how good or class the grind is. Smaller holes equate to a finer grind and vice versa.
- Arrange a Landing Area – First, set up a nice landing area so the ground buds fall in a location where one can collect them afterwards. We recommend setting the grinder on top of a Pebble container. To catch each one of the shavings as you grate your cannabis.
- Grate Slowly and Evenly – Next, gradually rotate the bud as you shave it along the grinding surface. It’s important to go slowly and try not to break any large stems into your container.
- Drive with Your Fingers – After the big buds have split you can push the smaller pieces throughout the pockets and grind up the final bits.
Very easy to clean
Among the best advantages of why grind weed over a 2, 3, or 4-part grinder. Is how easy it’s to clean. Simply pour a few rubbing alcohols (91+% is best) on the grinder and use an old toothbrush, scrub brush, or scrubber sponge to work the residue away. With a couple of persistence, your own grinder will look good as new. Don’t forget to give the card a quick rinse with water to remove any remaining alcohol/residue.
Can I purchase a grinder?
It’s true, you can’t roll great smoke or joints slow burning bowls without one. nd they don’t need to break the bank! There’s a vast range of different grinder available options which vary in price from a few bucks to a hundred dollars or more. Luckily, the most economical options will one-up your hand-grinding game.
Is the grinder effective?
Yes! The grinder is as effective as a two or four-part grinder. As you can tell in the photo above, the grind produced by the card is nearly indiscernible from that generated with a 2, 3, or 4-part grinder. It certainly beats utilizing your bare hands to crumble the bud any day.
Could you travel with a grinder?
Yes! The best part? It’s completely safe for traveling in all types when clean. Ready to upgrade your smoking kit so that you might easily roll better joints and pack a one hitter on the go? Catch a grinder out of Bloom groove.
What do I do with the kief my grinder catches?
There’s lots you can do with the kief which you accumulate on your grinder, like create homemade concentrates or make tasty cannabis edibles. In addition, you will enjoy the kief that the grinder catches in the lower chamber of the grinder.
Obviously, people have been smoking pot for millennia without any special apparatus to break it up, so why grind weed with a grinder? Are there other options to try? The low technology option is, of course, your hands. Why do people eat grass with a grinder instead? Since if the pot is sticky, you will get resin on your hands instead of in your hit. The same holds true for getting scissors or other implements sticky.